Let Our Skilled Slip and Fall Lawyer Uphold Your Rights
Helping injury victims get compensation in Chester, Delaware and Montgomery Counties
Many people make the mistake of assuming that slip and fall accidents only affect the elderly. This is untrue. Slip and fall accidents can happen to anyone and in almost any type of environment. Additionally, they are capable of causing catastrophic injuries and even death. Platt, DiGiorgio & DiFabio zealously upholds the rights of injury victims in Pennsylvania and New Jersey. Since 1983, our slip and fall attorneys have provided victims in Chester, Delaware and Montgomery Counties with passionate advocacy and dedicated guidance. If you suffer a slip and fall injury, let us give you the experienced legal support you deserve.
Types of slip and fall accidents
Negligence is to blame for most slip and fall accidents. Injuries often include head trauma, back injuries, broken bones and neck injuries. Below are examples of slip and fall accidents our lawyers handle regularly:
- Ice. Property owners must remove ice from their premises. If they cannot remove the ice, they must place adequate warnings signs alerting visitors of the hazard.
- Food spills. Slip and falls caused by food spills typically occur in restaurants, grocery stores and shopping malls.
- Poorly lit stairwells. In some cases, a slippery surface or floor obstruction is not to blame. Navigating through a poorly lit stairwell can be difficult and can lead to a slip and fall accident. If you suffer injury because of poor lighting, contact our reputable team of slip and fall attorneys.
- Uneven pavement. Uneven pavement and sidewalk slabs are perilous for pedestrians.
- Faulty handrails. It is the responsibility of property owners to ensure their premises are well maintained and free of hazards. This includes inspecting handrails to make sure they can sustain the weight of users.
Time may be running out
After suffering a slip and fall injury, it is vital that you speak to a personal injury attorney as soon as possible. The statute of limitations for Pennsylvania is two years. This means you have two years from the date of your injury to take legal action. After this time has passed, you may be barred from obtaining compensation.
Contact us for experienced slip and fall advocacy
A slip and fall accident can cause immense pain and suffering and cost you thousands in medical bills. Platt, DiGiorgio & DiFabio can assist you in obtaining the reimbursement you need to quickly move on with your life. To speak to a skilled attorney at our firm, call us today at 267-388-1599 or contact us online.