Dedicated Divorce Lawyers in Chester, Delaware and Montgomery Counties Ready to Fight for You
Serving clients throughout PA since 1983
The divorce attorneys at Platt, DiGiorgio & DiFabio understand that going through a divorce is a difficult process emotionally and financially. It is never pleasant, but with the help of the experienced attorneys at Platt, DiGiorgio & DiFabio, you will find that the process is easier and more understandable. Our goal is to obtain the best outcome for you while treating you with the candor, discretion and sincere concern for your welfare that you deserve. We have been helping individuals facing divorce in Pennsylvania since 1983 and our team of attorneys has an in-depth understanding of all issues pertaining to family law, especially divorce, in Chester, Delaware and Montgomery counties.
Helping you make sense of what a divorce entails
Clients often assume that if they have an amicable relationship with their spouse, they do not need an attorney. However, unanticipated issues can arise during a divorce, and an experienced divorce lawyer can be a valuable asset. We can help you with divorce related matters, including:
- Division of property. Dividing assets is often one of the most difficult and important issues confronting people getting a divorce. The Pennsylvania Divorce Code provides for “equitable distribution” of marital property, but this distribution also involves many issues of ownership, timing and value that can be complex. We will help you through this complicated process.
- Spousal support. Also known as alimony, spousal support is a major consideration in divorce cases. Spousal support or temporary alimony may be granted by the Court when one spouse’s income exceeds the others, particularly when the spouse receiving support has few or no vocational skills for the job market. The Pennsylvania Divorce Code provides several factors that the Court must consider in deciding if to award alimony. We are experienced with this analysis, and we can help you achieve optimum results.
- Child custody. Custodial issues are emotionally charged and stressful for the parties as well as their children. There has been a dramatic change in recent years in how the law addresses child custody matters, particularly regarding relocation issues. We know the law, and we understand the psychological and developmental issues affecting children and their parents during a divorce. You can expect a knowledgeable, compassionate and creative approach from us in your child custody case.
Providing compassionate representation at a difficult time
Our attorneys can assist you in the following ways:
- We promptly review your case. Our first goal in representing you is to review your situation and determine the best approach for your case. With nearly a century of combined experience practicing divorce law, Platt, DiGiorgio & DiFabio ensures you are in good hands.
- We negotiate your terms. We strive to help our clients resolve their differences with their spouse with a minimum of conflict and drama. As skilled negotiators, we help you settle your case as quickly and calmly as possible.
- We handle complicated issues. If you have children, your divorce may be contested because of issues regarding custody and support. As experienced child custody lawyers, we are prepared to tackle any conflict that arises with your case.
- We fight for you in court. Although most divorce cases are uncontested, every case is different. If your divorce is contested, our lawyers are ready to fight zealously for you in court. As seasoned litigators, we understand what it takes successfully to win divorce cases.
We realize that your divorce may be causing you a great deal of stress, frustration and pain. We are ready to help you with all aspects of divorce, including separation and mediation.
Contact us now for professional assistance with your divorce in PA
The attorneys at Platt, DiGiorgio & DiFabio work tirelessly to help clients facing or filing for divorce in Pennsylvania. To speak to an attorney at our firm, call us today at 267-388-1599 or contact us online.