Recent cases and accomplishments by the attorneys at Platt, DiGiorgio & DiFabio
- Former Iraq war veteran charged with armed robbery and facing a mandatory minimum five-year jail sentence receives a sentence of probation in the Court of Common Pleas of Delaware County.
- After five-day custody trial, Father of child awarded custody and mother’s request for relocation to New Jersey denied.
- New Jersey resident charged with burglary, criminal trespass, theft and related charges found not guilty of all charges after a trial in the Court of Common Pleas of Chester County.
- Motorist whose license was suspended for refusing a blood test after being stopped for a DUI wins his appeal and has his license reinstated after presenting medical evidence and eyewitness testimony at a hearing in the Court of Common Pleas of Chester County. Later, District Attorney’s Office dismisses his pending DUI case.
- Injured police officer to receive 40 weeks of worker’s compensation benefits for scar to his head after successful mediation.
- Female graduate student who suffered a severe concussion in an intersectional automobile accident awarded $115,000.
- Court Ordered Impairment Rating Examination held to have failed to prove an established impairment rating and petition to modify workers’ compensation benefits were denied — Claimant continues to receive full workers’ compensation benefits that began in 2005.
- Former Police Officer charged with 13 counts of theft, four counts of official oppression, and one count of possession of drugs who was facing a potential of over 50 years in jail receives a sentence of 15 days in jail, 11 months of house arrest, probation and community service in the Court of Common Pleas of Montgomery County.
- Defendant found not to have abused Wife in a Protection from Abuse matter after full hearing and court ordered Wife to pay counsel fees due to hospital video surveillance evidence presented at hearing demonstrating Wife’s perjured testimony.
- A 32 year old Claimant awarded social security disability benefits covering the onset of a disability five years prior to the award and continuing into the future.
- Settled uninsured motorist claim in the amount of $60,000 for female passenger who suffered soft tissue injuries to her neck and back, when the vehicle she was riding in was struck from behind at a red light by an uninsured driver.
- Obtained equal physical custody for a father of five children in Chester County.
- Secured judgment in excess of $900,000 against a defendant who embezzled retirement savings from a client.
- Client found not guilty of DUI and related charges after trial in the Court of Common Pleas of Delaware County.
- A 44 year old Claimant awarded social security disability benefits covering the onset of a disability two years prior to the award and continuing into the future.
- After an extensive defense investigation, client charged in Philadelphia with sex offenses has all charges dismissed.
- A 31 year old Claimant received $100,000 in workers’ compensation lost wage benefits while medical benefits continue to be paid.
Disclaimer: The outcome of a case is dependent upon the specific facts of the case.